Epoxy flooring is a type of flooring that is made up of two parts: a base coat and a top coat. The base coat is usually made of epoxy resin, while the top coat can be made of either epoxy resin or polyurethane. Epoxy flooring is known for its durability and resistance to staining, fading, and scratching. It is also easy to clean and maintain.
Best Use of Epoxy Flooring
Epoxy flooring is an increasingly popular choice for both commercial and residential settings, due to its hard-wearing and highly durable finish. Common uses for epoxy flooring include metrically rated workspaces, industrial storage areas and garages, commercial kitchens and cafeterias, warehouses, and storefronts. This floor material can also be used effectively to create slip-resistant surfaces in swimming pools and aquatic centers or indoors, as well as providing basic waterproof coverage of a concrete floor – perfect for bathrooms and laundry rooms. With the wide range of colors available on the market today, epoxy flooring offers a unique look that can easily stand out amongst other home décor options.
Pros of Epoxy Flooring
Epoxy flooring has many benefits that make it a popular choice for both residential and commercial applications. Some of the pros of epoxy flooring include:
- Durable: Epoxy flooring is one of the most durable types of flooring on the market. It is resistant to staining, fading, and scratching.
- Easy to Clean: Epoxy flooring is very easy to clean and maintain. spills can be easily wiped up, and dirt and dust can be easily swept or vacuumed up.
- Non-porous: Because epoxy flooring is non-porous, it does not allow mold or mildew to grow.
- Resistant to Chemicals: Epoxy flooring is resistant to many chemicals, including oil, grease, and gasoline.
- Slip Resistant: Epoxy flooring can be made slip-resistant by adding a nonslip additive to the topcoat. This makes it a good choice for areas that may get wet, such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- Available in Many Colors: Epoxy flooring is available in many colors, so you can choose the perfect color for your space.
- Affordable: Epoxy flooring is an affordable option for many homeowners and businesses.
Cons of Epoxy Flooring
While there are many pros to epoxy flooring, there are also a few cons to consider before making your decision. Some of the cons of epoxy flooring include:
- Sensitive to Temperature Changes: One downside to epoxy floors is that they are sensitive to temperature changes. If the temperature in your home or business fluctuates too much, it can cause the epoxy to crack or chip.
- Can Be Difficult to Install: Another downside to epoxy floors is that they can be difficult to install. If you are not experienced in installing this type of flooring, it is best to hire a professional.
Epoxy Flooring – Rhode Island
If you are looking for a durable, easy-to-clean type of flooring that will last for many years, epoxy flooring may be the right choice for you. However, before making your decision, be sure to weigh the pros and cons of epoxying your floors. If you have any questions about epoxy floors or would like a free estimate, please feel free to contact us today!
Free Painting Estimate
Do not fill this form out if you’re a solicitor.