When it comes down to it, painting is one of the oldest professions in the world. This means that it is also accompanied by numerous myths. One of the most common statements that people hear is that applying paint using a brush provides a better finished product than using an exterior spray. Before making this claim, it is important to look at the facts. There are a few points that everyone must consider.
When it comes to completing a job quickly, there is really no comparison to using an airless sprayer. It is possible to cover an entire wall with paint instead of a few hours. At the same time, this speed doesn’t always lead to quality. There are a few benefits of using an airless sprayer that everyone should note. These include:
- The wall is going to be covered extremely quickly
- The area will be covered using a single coat
- There is a smooth finish that is free from any brush or roller marks
- The sprayer can reach areas that would be challenging to cover with a brush or roller
Of course, there are also several downsides as well. Some of the negatives include:
- It takes a long time to prepare and clean up using a sprayer
- The coverage isn’t always even
- A sprayer uses several times as much paint, driving up the cost
- A sprayer doesn’t adhere as well
- It is impossible to spray when it is windy outside
With this in mind, it is time to look at brushing the paint instead.
The old-fashioned way of painting is to put the brush to work. Painting contractors will tell you, while brushing does take longer, it does have its benefits as well. There are a few key points to note. Some of the benefits include:
- There is more control with the brush
- The paint adheres well
- The painting process is uniform
Of course, there are a few negatives as well. These include:
- Brushing takes longer
- It requires multiple coats
- It can be challenging to reach the entire surface
So, which option is better? It depends. This is why it is important to work with trained professionals.
Rely on Rhode Island Painting Professionals
Anyone who has a paint job must trust the professionals for help. If you have a paint job in Rhode Island, call us today to learn how we can help you!
Free Painting Estimate
Do not fill this form out if you’re a solicitor.